As environmental regulations become increasingly more stringent, Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) Technologies enable developers to treat wastewater streams to meet even the strictest of permit regulations. Other benefits include:
- Treated wastewater effluent can be used in re-use applications.
- Remote facilities can be constructed in decentralized locations.
- Cost effective in flow ranges from 10K gpd to 2.5M gpd.
- Mobile units available, allows for temporary plant bypass.
In general, MBR systems are comprised of similar components, just scaled to match the intended flowrate of the facility. Treatment systems have:
- Headworks Screen – Removes larger items that clog or disrupt the treatment process.
- Equalization Tank – Normalizes the otherwise inconsistent flowrate of a service area.
- Treatment Basin – Has zones for anoxic and anerobic processing, houses membrane filter.
- Sludge Processing – Holding tank for biological processes and dumpster for landfill.
- Effluent Discharge – Chemical Contact tanks, re-use storage tanks, and/or discharge pumps.
MBR plants are becoming an increasingly popular alternative, amongst private communities and municipalities alike. IWS has designed and constructed plants with all of the major membrane technologies, including:
- Flat Plate Membranes
- Hollow Fibre Membranes
- Suez / Zenon
- Evoqua / Memcor
- Ceramic Membranes
IWS is experienced in designing and constructing MBR wastewater treatment systems utilizing the aforementioned technologies. We provide clients with a customized solution, based on:
- Flow rates and nutrient loading
- Phasing of future development
- Local and State regulations
- Existing site conditions
- Anticipated treated effluent limits
- Estimated cost of construction
Selecting the right equipment package is essential in ensuring a projects schedule, scope, and budget. IWS has the capacity to provide design/build services and is an industry leader, we have:
- Completed work in California, Colorado, Texas, Montana, Wyoming, and New Mexico.
- Constructed 25 facilities for 15 different clients, serving both public and private sector.
- Utilized MBR technologies for a wide range of re-use applications including title 22 re-use.
Our solutions are capable of 10K gpd to 2.5M gpd with effluent quality; Capable of meeting title 22 effluent.